- Are you frustrated with your perennial gardens?
- Do you want lower-maintenance beds?
- How about a garden that provides waves of color and drama all three seasons long?
- Do you have unanswered questions about dividing perennials (need someone to demonstrate for you?), pruning, the right mulch to use, adjusting the shape of your garden beds, how to improve your soil?
- Do you wish you could ‘tweak’ your garden – or perhaps even overhaul it! – to get that dream garden you’ve always wanted?
- Do you need help designing a brand new bed so that you save time and money by creating a masterpiece the first time?
- Do you want a second opinion on a design that someone else did for you?
- Would you find it reassuring to have someone onsite overseeing a garden’s installation to make sure it comes out as you envisioned it and that plants were dug in correctly to minimize shock and increase viability?
Then my popular home garden consultations are for you! Let’s roll-up our sleeves and partner together in building a garden that will bring YOU the most pleasure.
More than 1,000 gardeners have benefited from my easy-to-follow, step by step recommendations for transforming gardens into more luxuriant, low-maintenance landscapes or creating brand new ones. As we walk side-by-side around your property, I’ll provide sought-after design solutions for reducing maintenance time; replacing frustrating plants with top-performing perennials or shrubs; creating attractive foundation plantings; tackling poor soil problems; addressing your gardening questions; and more.
Garden consultations for homes within a 30-mile radius of Kennebunk, Maine are $85 for one hour on site, $125 for 1.5 hours, and $160 for two hours (rates include the cost of travel time and expenses). Call (207) 502-7228 or e-mail email@example.com for more information and to schedule an appointment.
Regional home garden and landscape consultations outside of Maine and in the Northeast: Fees vary based on travel distance. Call me at (207) 502-7228.
Additional Services (minimum billable time for the below consulting services is one hour):
* I am now available to be your onsite adviser during garden installations to make sure my design recommendations (or your modified version of these) are being followed. I help insure plants are being spaced correctly; dug in, fertilized and watered properly to minimize shock; and, if any substitutes are being used, they are comparable to what was originally proposed. The person installing the garden may be a local high school student, friend, someone who does yard work, or an area landscaper. No matter! I can answer questions, demonstrate proper techniques, advise, and encourage. The only thing I cannot do anymore is garden installations. My old back ain’t what it used to be.
* I can review landscape designs and provide a third party perspective to make sure what is recommended matches what you envisioned. I’ll provide feedback about the plants used in the design and answer questions before the installation occurs. By getting a second opinion before the green and white checkered flag is waved, you can be more confident in the outcome and request any substitutions or modifications needed.
* I can provide ‘virtual’ garden consultations from photographs and information you send me. I started doing this last year and it worked out well. You can send me photographs or digital pictures along with a simple information sheet you fill out that tells me about the garden site (i.e., sun, shade, sandy, clay, windy, etc.). I can then give you my verbal recommendations via a phone appointment or we can schedule a time for you to come to my home. I’ve had consultees drive several hours for an appointment here in my gardens that allows me to actually show them recommended plant material and design ideas. This service is designed for people outside the standard driving radius for onsite consultations and is not available during peak consulting months April – July.
If you are interested in scheduling an appointment, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your address and phone number. I will get back to you promptly.