Saturday, May 6, 2023
8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Heritage Museums & Gardens, Sandwich, MA
This inspirational program provides expert advice on designing, planting, and caring for a low-maintenance, high-impact,
pollinator-friendly flower garden.
Sponsored by Garden Design and Proven Winners
About the Fine Gardening Institute
The premier program takes place on Saturday, May 6, from 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. on Cape Cod at the Heritage Museums & Gardens in Sandwich, MA. Topics include:
- Site Assessment and Bed Preparation (sunlight and soil analysis, bed preparation (for new and existing gardens)
- Plant placement for three seasons of bloom from perennials, shrubs and annuals
- Sensational perennials, flowering shrubs and annuals that benefit both gardener and pollinator
- Clever design tips for ever-blooming, low-maintenance gardens, including teaching examples from before and after design projects
- Routine and seasonal garden care including: recommended mulches & fertilizers; eliminating weeds; dividing perennials; pruning flowering shrubs; putting gardens to bed in fall; and much more!
Fine Gardening Institute Registration
The registration fee includes:
- extensive handouts and gardening catalogs
- class gift
- door prizes
- admission to Heritage Museums & Gardens (in addition to the event day, participants may also enjoy the gardens the day before OR after the program, May 5th or 7th - a $22 value)
- CEU form for Master Gardeners and green industry professionals
Registration Rate: $105 per person
Note regarding lunch: Participants can bring their own lunch OR box lunches can be pre-ordered in advance from Lilly's Cafe on the Museum grounds. Details will be provided on Heritage Museums & Gardens registration page.
CLICK HERE to register on Heritage Museums & Gardens webpage (They are managing registrations for this fundraiser).
Registration deadline is Monday, May 1st.
Cancellation Policy: Refunds - partial or full- will be considered by Heritage Museums & Gardens with requests prior to April 6th. If your plans change after that, we encourage you to find someone to take your place OR we will be happy to mail you the program packet and welcome gift.
If you have questions, please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call me at 207-502-7228.
Special Overnight Room Rates for Registered Fine Gardening Institute attendees.
The Dan'l Webster Inn and Spa. 149 Main Street, Sandwich, MA. 10% discounted room rates for FGI attendees start at $260.10 per night, plus tax. No two night minimum. Room rate includes a $15 breakfast voucher per room. Mention the Fine Gardening Institute to get this rate. Rooms are limited. Offer expires 4-/5/23. Call the Inn directly to reserve a room: (508) 888-3622.
The Sandwich Inn & Suites. 14 Route 6A, Sandwich. 10% discounted room rates. No two night minimum. Mention the Fine Gardening Institute to get this special rate. Rooms are limited. Call the Inn directly to reserve a room: (508) 888-0409.
The Sandwich Lodge & Resort, 54 Route 6A, Sandwich. Discounted rooms are $116.10 plus tax (this reflects 10% discount). No two night minimum. Mention the Fine Gardening Institute to get this rate. Rooms are limited. Call the Lodge directly to reserve a room: (508) 888-2275.
The Sandy Neck Motel. 669 Route 6A, East Sandwich. 10% discounted room rates. Less than one mile from the beach. No two night minimum. Mention the Fine Gardening Institute to get this rate. Rooms are limited. Call the Motel directly to reserve a room: (508) 362-3992.