I read the following recommendations for contentment while doing my devotionals last week. These really inspired me, especially during these turbulent times.
1) Never allow yourself to complain about anything, not even the weather.
2) Do not imagine yourself to be somewhere other than where you are.
3) Never allow yourself to dwell on wishing this or that had happened.
4) Do not compare your situation with that of someone else.
5) Never dwell on tomorrow. Remind yourself that tomorrow is in God’s hands, not yours.
I also find Philippians 4:12 to be of great encouragement: “I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.”