Kerry Ann Mendez Presents ...
Special Guest - Dr. Allan Armitage!
A fun and fast paced webinar sharing the stories behind the common names of some of our favorite plants, plus growing tips and tricks too!
All-America Selections, Brushwood Nursery Clematis Specialists, Garden Design Magazine, Proven Winners, and The Perennial Farm
OCTOBER 26, 2017
at 2:00PM Eastern, 11:00AM Pacific
Kerry Ann Mendez
Owner, Perennially Yours
Nationally Renowned Speaker
Please join me in welcoming Dr. Allan Armitage as my guest speaker for the October 26 Webinar. Dr. Armitage will present a fascinating lecture based on his newest book Of Naked Ladies and Forget-Me-Nots ...
- Discover amazing and unusual tales behind how many plants got their common names. From Hooker's Lips to Hairy Balls, Voodoo lilies and Gas Plant, this book of laugh-out-loud yarns is required reading for every plant enthusiast
- Learn how to grow some of these noteworthy plants in your own gardens
- Enjoy great photographs, from the present to a step back in time.
About "Dr. A"
Dr. Allan Armitage is well known as a writer, speaker and researcher throughout the world. Born and raised in Canada, he lived in Quebec and Ontario, then in East Lansing, Michigan and Athens, Georgia. He has worked with landscape plants and greenhouse crops in the North and South, and travels from coast to coast and all parts in between sharing his passion for plants. His career has taken him all over the world, lecturing throughout United States and Canada, as well as many countries in Europe, South America, New Zealand and Australia. His knowledge has allowed him to write 13 books, countless academic papers and hundreds of articles for professionals and lay people alike. Lastly, all plants and no play make Allan a dull boy - squash, tennis, reading, guitar and yes, even dancing, make Dr A anything but a dull boy!
Ready to join us?
This webinar is offered live to the first 500 registrants for only $9!
It will also be available for purchase after the event for $11.
You'll Also Get ...
- The opportunity to enjoy the lecture whenever you want, as often as you wish. You do NOT have to watch the live Webinar on October 26. All registrants will receive a link following the broadcast to view the lecture at their convenience.
- A form for Master Gardeners, Certified Horticulturists and Landscape Architects to fill out and submit for continuing education credit hour approval.
- A chance to buy Dr. A's fabulous new book, Of Naked Ladies and Forget-Me-Nots, at a special 20% discount price when purchased prior to October 26; 10% after the Webinar.
Kerry Ann's lectures and webinars sell out quickly. Space is limited and this new webinar with a live Q&A is bound to fill up fast.
Our special presentation with Dr. Allan Armitage (Of Naked Ladies and Forget-Me-Nots" is scheduled for Thursday, October 26, 2017 at 2:00 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Are you curious about how some plants ended up with strange and wonderful names? Do you enjoy a good story and a hearty chuckle? Then you'll love Dr. A's presentation!
Besides telling a few "tall tales" about noteworthy plants, he'll also share how to grow them in your own gardens.
The presentation includes some great photographs spanning the decades.
The webinar also includes lecture notes that you will receive before the webinar to complement the presentation.
Registrants have the opportunity to buy Dr. A's fabulous new book, Of Naked Ladies and Forget-Me-Nots, at a special 20% discount price prior to the Webinar; after the Webinar the discount is 10%, good until November 9th. Registrants will receive the special discount code for ordering purposes.
Included in this supplement will be a form for Master Gardeners and Landscape Architects to fill out and submit for continuing education credit hour approval.
You do not need to be present for the live webinar on October 26 at 2:00 p.m. All participants will receive a download link for the lecture following the presentation. That way you can watch and listen to it at your convenience.
It’s almost like you’re attending one of my lectures live, actually you are! Just virtually. I will be talking with you live – in the corner of your screen.
The registration fee for this webinar lecture is $9.
This is a “must read” for everyone who registers for a webinar.
The FAQs explain:
- Purchase terms, conditions and copyrights
- Computer system and connectivity requirements
Register Before The Class Fills Up!
Learn the basic garden design principles from an enthusiastic, knowledgable and helpful speaker. You won't be disappointed!